S&OP is highly cross-functional and multi-level. Therefore, attendance is encouraged for people at the manager, director, and executive levels in sales/marketing, operations/supply chain, procurement, HR, ERP project team members and finance.
The Basics –
- Where S&OP fits in the company
– Who’s involved
– Top Management, Sales, Supply Chain Planning, New Product Development,
– Marketing, Operations, Procurement, HR & Finance
- S&OP’s basic logic
- Relationship with other tools & processes
- How the information is displayed
- The monthly decision-making process
- The benefits from S&OP based on actual case studied from the “S&OP Best Practices” book
by Dougherty & Gray
- Principles and “Radical” thoughts on Sales Forecasting
- Demand Planning
- New Products
- Supply Planning
- The ABCs of Implementation
- Software for S&OP
- Data and Process
- Change Management
- How to involve Top Management
- The Implementation Methodology: steps, players, pilot
- Re-implementation: fixing a broken process
Beyond the Basics-
- Global S&OP
- S&OP and Lean Manufacturing
- S&OP and Risk Management
- S&OP-based Cash Flow Projections
- How S&OP supports the Supply Chain with highly constrained suppliers
- Forecasting and planning for highly seasonal products
- Highly recommended texts by the creators and thought leaders in S&OP
- Learn about the latest developments in the Sales & Operations Planning process
- Become a certified practitioner of S&OP.
- Achieve recognition for your professional S&OP skill set.
- Build a certified team of professional S&OP experts.
- Establish your professional credential in the art of strategic S&OP.
- Review advanced S&OP concepts such as IBP and Breakthrough S&OP.
- Attain credits towards your Supply Chain recognition.
Via Online – details will be provided.
Attendees interested in sitting the online exam must register with the S&OP Institute directly, pay the $US495 fee, and arrange a suitable time to sit the exam in the comfort of your own office or at home.
The S&OP Certification exam was written primarily by Tom Wallace, with input from other professionals in the field. When you pass this exam, you will be designated as Certified in Sales & Operations Planning and authorised to use the acronym CS&OP following your name.
Studying for the exam reinforces your understanding of S&OP, and receiving CS&OP provides the entry to an elite group of S&OP practitioners.
Becoming S&OP Certified helps you to:
Assist your company in improving; profits, customer service, inventory turns, financial planning, new product launches, supply chain performance and more – via the increased effectiveness of its S&OP processes. Evaluate your current S&OP processes rigorously and identify areas for improvement. Introduce best practice S&OP processes into your organisation. Become a more valued player in
your business. Enhance your professional stature and hence your future. S&OP Certification is a joint activity of the Centre for Operational Excellence at The Ohio State University headed up by Dr. Peter Ward, and The S&OP Institute led by Mel Nelson and Sue Nelson.
Classes designed specifically to prepare people for the CS&OP exam can be held throughout the region.
Contact Phil Heenan here if you would like to run this in-house for your S&OP team.
Phil Heenan, CFPIM, CSCP, CLTD, CS&OP.
Phil Heenan has been educating and coaching practitioners in companies throughout the Asia Pacific region and working with the S&OP creators from around the world since 1985 showing organisations how to increase profits by attaining best practice in S&OP and Supply Chain Management. He is a contributing author to the Handbook of Supply Chain & Logistics Management and S&OP Best Practices book. He was the first person in Australia to receive the CS&OP and the first person in Victoria to receive Class A MRPII.
Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your understanding of S&OP and be recognised for your knowledge and expertise.
Learn about the latest developments in the Sales & Operations Planning process.